It somehow feels like August never happened. I clearly remember Dustin graduating from medic school, completing some very big projects at work, and my birthday happened somewhere in there, and I think we went to the beach one day, but, all in all, it was just a blur of time and diapers and Parenthood (yes, I will keep talking about Parenthood probably until Jesus returns).
But it’s September 10th, and I really enjoyed writing my Ten Things post a couple of months ago so I think I’ll keep this going!
1. While I’m still (semi) on the subject, Parenthood is wrecking me. The first three seasons I could go a couple of episodes without crying. But season four is just all the tears and I have to pause it because I literally cannot see what’s going on through my tears. It’s embarrassing.
2. Titus finally got his orthotics! They have teeny tiny farm animals on them and he walks just fine in them! We can already see a noticeable difference — his feet don’t turn out when he has them on and I think he’s even a little more confident.
3. I read two books in one month! I haven’t done that in at least a year. I’m thinking about starting some type of online book club on my blog, but I’m not sure how and also I might be getting ahead of myself because the two-books-per-month thing may never happen again.
4. We started Whole30 on Labor Day. Yes, I said, “we”. Yes, that “we” includes Dustin. Pray for our marriage.
5. I totally underestimated ALDI last time I was on Whole30. They have really upped their game (plus, our store in Lancaster is very fancy now so I actually kind of like going there)! I found sugar-free ground pork, bacon, and these fruit leather strips that everyone in my family loves. And I bought La Croix there!
6. I’m not sure if all kids are like this, maybe I just never noticed, but Titus is turning into a little weirdo and we love it. He makes the goofiest faces and runs around making weird noises and called a bald eagle a “seagull” (wouldn’t that be a strange national bird?). He definitely keeps us laughing.
7. After my last post, I’ve really fallen in love with writing again. I’m not sure if I have more time than I did a year ago when I sort of stopped, but I’ve been making time for it and I don’t feel guilty about that anymore.
8. I’m making these Whole30 compliant meatballs next week and I’m very excited about that. Trust me, they are delicious and you won’t miss the gluten!
9. We’ve been doing physical therapy with Titus for one year now and the progress has been incredible. We’re using Early Childhood Intervention through Lancaster County and I can’t tell you how much of a positive impact they’ve had on me and Ty. If your child ever needs therapy of any kind, I highly recommend this program!
10. My next book to read Present Over Perfect. Has anyone else out there read that? And what other book recommendations do you have?